The season of change is upon us...
More than any other time of year, Autumn represents an important shift in lifestyle. Seasonally, it’s the end of the summer. Mentally, it’s the end of the vacations, family picnics, trips to your favorite amusement park and relaxing summer nights with friends and lovers. But, it also represents a time for reflection, anticipation and opportunity as we put the lazy days of summer behind us.
I have a new opportunity that I would like to share with the readers of twoday. I have launched a new fresh juice company, Savasana Juice Company. I will be providing fresh squeezed juices to yoga studios, gyms and individuals in the Pittsburgh area that are looking for a refreshing, delicious all-natural, detoxifying drink perfect after a hard day at work, after a yoga class, time at the gym, or just when you need a nutrient-rich pick-me-up.
What make Savasana Juice so special are the unique combinations of fruits, vegetables and herbs carefully selected for optimal nutrition and taste. I will be continuing to write about food but also will be sharing some of my favorite juice recipes to engage our readers at home. I have not name most of my juice combinations yet, so pitch in and send your suggestions to twoday.com!
Carrot, Apple, Ginger and Lemon
- 4 - Delicious Red Apples
- 6 – Carrots
- 1 – Lemon
- 2 – Ounces of Ginger
- Clean each ingredient carefully. Often fruits and vegetables have a little dirt on them, so wash everything (including the outside of the lemon and ginger) and pat dry.
- Place a collection bowl under the dispenser spout of your juicer.
- Cut the apple into four sections and place inside of your juicer.
- Cut the lemon into four sections and place inside of your juicer.
- Cut the ginger into medium chunks and place inside of your juicer.
- Place the entire carrot into the juicer.
- Using a fine wire colander, pour the juice over the colander into another bowl.
- Repeat this process two more times (if you want more pulp in your juice, skip this step.)
Your juice is ready for consumption! This juice should be sweet, tart with a bit of spice from the ginger!
*Just a Few Health Benefits From Drinking this Juice*
Lemon is a natural blood detoxifier and can help flush bacteria and toxins out of the body. Ginger has many health benefits, but is known for soothing upset stomach, relieving nausea and is a natural painkiller. There is also some research to suggest that it contains anti-cancer properties and has shown to slow the growth of certain cancer cells and induce death to some cancer cells, as well. Carrots are a terrific veggie that is anti-carcinogenic, can improve eyesight, and lower cholesterol and blood pressure. And, last but not least, we all know that an apple a day keeps the doctor away, and when you juice apples you can promote weight-loss and promotes cellular cleansing, amongst other things.
Can’t get enough? Find Steve on Facebook for more juice recipes and ideas!
Tweet @twodaymag ideas for names for Steve’s new juice combination!