10 Weird and Fun Facts!
1. Did you know that there are almost 500 unique types of bacteria living in your mouth? Almost 50% of them live on your tongue...makes me want to do what the Egypitians used to do. They never kissed, they rubbed noses! Guess they knew more than they realized! www.modernghana.com/lifestyle/773/16/10-weird-human-sex-facts.html
2. Who says this can’t make a comback? In the Victorian era, whores wore pubic wigs called merkins. The merkin has been around since the 1400s when it was originally worn by women who had shaved off their “down there” hair in an effort to prevent pubic lice. However, in the Victorian era, the merkin (what a great name) was worn by whores trying to conceal the fact that they had diseases like syphilis! They are also used in the film industry to conceal actors genitals in nude scenes. www.listverse.com
FUN FACT! The French term for pubic lice is: papillons d'amour or " Butterflies of love ".
3. Ever wondered why they call it a “blow job”? This comes from the Victorian times, as well, (they were naughtier than we thought!) The slang for prostitute was “blowsy.” “Blow” was slang for ejaculating. By 1930, the term “blow job” had become the ‘it phrase. listverse.com
4. Japan leads the world in condom use. Which isn’t that exciting, except for the fact that women sell them door to door, much like cosmetics! And, ironically enough, the most sexless nation in the world is also Japan. Over 35% of all Japanese couples do not even have sex with eachother at all! (Which explains all the condoms! They are getting it from somewhere else, apparently!) www.lilithgallery.com
5. Condoms weren’t always made from latex! In 15th century Asia, devices covering only the head of the penis were recorded. In China, condoms may have been made of oiled silk paper or lamb intestines. Yummy! In Japan, they were made of animal horns (ooowwwwww) or tortoise shells. In the 16th century, condoms were made with linen sheaths that had been soaked in a chemical and dried before use. Then, they were fitted over the penis and tied with a ribbon! What a nice present! http://www.listverse.com
FUN FACT! In Ancient Greece, the common slang for a blow job was “playing the flute”.
6. The legend lives on! It was rumored that Cleopatra had 2 orgasms a day and achieved some of them through the very first vibrator. She made this vibrator by having her servants gather bees into a box that she would shake and then sit on top of! Cleo knew sex! www.spicyprincess.com
7. Speaking of bees....Male honeybees only get to have sex once in their life...because it kills them. During ejaculation, the penis breaks off inside the female, and the male dies within hours.
8. Semen contains zinc and calcium, both of which are proven to prevent tooth decay. Although I don’t see a Crest commercial featuring this ingredient anytime soon! www.sheknows.com
9. Women who receive higher education are more likely to masturbate. Forty-one percent of women who completed high school never masturbated, whereas 93 percent of post-graduates knew how to bring themselves pleasure! See ladies? An education is worth getting! For many reasons, apparently! www.trinaread.com
FUN FACT! Aromas that increase blood flow to the penis: lavender, licorice, chocolate, doughnuts, pumpkin pie. Time to indulge that sweet tooth!
10. Thank goodness for the pill! Historical records show that even in 1850 B.C., women attempted to practice birth control. The most common method was a mixture of crocodile dung and honey placed in the vagina in the hopes of preventing pregnancy. Baker, JoAnn and Erica Orloff. 2001. Dirty Little Secrets: True Tales and Twisted Trivia about Sex. New York, NY: MacMillan Publishing Company, Inc.